How To Apply for Philippine National ID / PhilSys — Starting September 2019, Filipinos can start applying for their own PhilSys ID.
Through the Republic Ac No. 11055 also known as the “Philippine Identification System Act” signed by our President Rodrigo Duterte on August 2018, every Filipino will be issued its first national identification card.
The main goal of the Philippine National ID is for the safety and better privacy, efficiency, reduced corruption and a simplified system for the Filipinos. Currently and still in practice, there were numerous sets of identification process being practice accross the coutry. A good example of this is the NBI Clearance.
Philippines remained one of the few countries in the world with no National ID system.
How To Apply for PhilSys ID / Philippine National ID
Here’s a summary of all the steps needed to be taken by the applicant to be able to apply for his/her PhilSys ID:
- Submit accomplished PhilSys Registration Form (Form No. 1)
- Submit the requirements.
- Go to your chosen Government Agency that handles the application of PhilSys ID.
- Have your Photo, Biometrics, Iris Scan and your demographic information.
- Application will be verified if proven to be unique. If its unique, a PSN or PhilSys Number (PSN) will be generated.
- Further verification will be done if the application is not unique.
- Philippine National ID will be issued and the application is completed.
If you needed more details and explanation about the application, I suggest you continue reading the entire article down below.
Philippine National ID Requirements
The primary requirements in applying for Philippine National ID is any government-issued ID which contains the applicant’s full name, photo, and signature or thumb mark, such as the following:
- Original copy of Birth Certificate issued by PSA (formerly NSO).
- Valid Philippine Passport
- Unified Multi-purpose Identification (UMID) card issued by SSS or GSIS
- Any other equivalent documents approved by PSA such as Marriage Certificate if married.
- Driver’s License
- NBI Clearance
Please note that all IDs presented must be original and unexpired. Photocopies of valid IDs are not acceptable in applying for Philippine National ID.
Where To Apply
Once the issuance of Philippine National ID or PhilSys are implemented and operational, the following Government Agencies are allowed to accept application of the Philippine ID (PhilSys). These are following:
- Regional and Provincial Offices of Philippine Statistics Authority
- Civil Registry Office (LCRO) in each City or Municipality
- Any Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) branches
- All Social Security System (SSS) Branches
- Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth) Branches
- Pag-IBIG or Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF) Branches
- Commission on Elections (COMELEC) Local or Provincial Offices
- Postal Offices under PHL or Philippine Postal Corporation
- Other Government Agencies or GOCCs assigned by and fully authorized the PSA.
IMPORTANT! The application of Philippine ID (PhilSys) must be done personally. Any application made by a representative on behalf of another person is not allowed.
For our Kababayans currently based abroad, OFW or Immigrants. All are advised to apply for your Philippine National ID in any Philippine Embassy, Philippine Consulate, Philippine Foreign Service post or any other registration centers designated by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) and PSA.
We will have a separate post for the application of your Philippine National ID while in abroad.
Steps on How To Apply for PhilSys (Philippine National ID)
- Submit a duly accomplished PhilSys Registration Form (Form No. 1) together with your requirements at your chosen registration center.
- Register your biometric information. These are your front-facing photograph (photo capture), finger prints, your iris scan and your demographic information.
- If the applicant’s biometric and demographic information are found and proven to be unique, a PhilSys Number (PSN) will be generated. If not, further verification will be needed.
- The ID will be issued once the PSN is given and the application is completed.
Purpose of PhilSys ID
The Philippine Identification System ID (PhilSys ID) serves the following purpose aside from the official national identity card for Filipino citizens are for:
- Social welfare and benefits granted by the the Philippine Government
- Philippine Passport, Driver’s License and other tax-related transactions
- Admission in schools and government hospitals
- Opening of Bank Accounts.
- Registration and voting purposes.
- Transactions for employment purposes.
- Cardholder’s criminal records and clearances.
Our tutorial is done here. Are there any noteworthy information that we have missed? Please share us your thoughts by commenting down below.